- Multi AWARD-WINNING gluten free white bread mix that tastes just as good as real bread
- Handmade from 100% organic ingredients
- Small makes 1 loaf or 6 rolls
- Large makes 2 loaves or 12 rolls
- Wheat free, dairy free & preservative free
- Certified gluten-free by Coeliac UK
- Suitable for Vegans (simply swap the egg for an extra splash of water)
- Easy to make, just mix, prove and bake at home! (suitable for most bread makers)
- 10% discount applied on all multipack prices
White – Gluten Free Organic Bread Mix
Gluten free white bread that tastes just as good as it should
Look no further. It’s here. Gluten free white bread can be crusty, delicious, and easy to make. But how is it possible, you ask? Here at Grass Roots Bakery, we use science to ensure our organic gluten free white bread mix is the best of the best. That’s also what made this mix the winner of the Great Taste Award 1 ★ two years on the trot (2018 & 2019).
But how do we do it? We combine different types of organic flours made from potato, tapioca, and quinoa to create the perfect ‘bake at home’ white gluten free bread. It’s ideal for people who suffer with gluten and wheat intolerances, and most importantly, tastes just like ‘proper’ bread. We pour our heart and soul into making sure that every batch is just as good as (maybe even better than) bread that contains gluten.
This recipe mix was born of one coeliac’s need to give her family real bread and to make sure they weren’t missing out on the best things in life. Luckily for us, she is also a chemist and the brains behind The Grass Roots Bakery, and so she whipped up this mind-blowing wheat free bread mix to help out other fellow coeliac sufferers. Since then, we’ve also developed a delicious gluten free pizza dough and gluten free muffin mix.
Now, we hate to blow our own trumpet…
But, sometimes it’s important to tell our customers some good news! Our best-selling white bread mix has been certified 100% organic by the Soil Association, registered with The Vegan Society and accredited gluten free by Coeliac UK. This means our bread mix has been produced to the very highest standards in a AOECS certified bakery that can be trusted by customers who may suffer from gluten intolerances.
This white bread mix is wheat free, dairy free, & preservative free too. Best of all, it will adapt perfectly for Vegans by just replacing the egg with an extra splash of water. In fact, this mix was original made Vegan, we only advise to add an egg to extend its freshness once baked. That’s how we can promise you’ll get the same great taste without adding egg.
This gluten-free white bread mix sounds great, but it must be so hard to make?
Wrong! Our award-winning mix is suitable for most types of bread making machines or for making the old school (and definitely more fun) way by hand. Simply add an egg (or extra water if you’re baking Vegan), a dash of oil then mix, prove, and bake. Remember, for the best results leave your bread to cool completely before tucking in. It’s a challenge, but it’s for scientific reasons as during the cooling process, your gluten free bread will form a beautiful crust. If somehow you don’t devour your freshly baked gluten free bread in one sitting, you’ll be glad to know this bread freezes perfectly, ready and waiting for when you need bread in a hurry.
We’ve created our wheat free white bread mix in two pack sizes
- Small (280g) which makes 6 rolls or 1 loaf, perfect for school lunches or taking to work
- Large (560g) which makes 12 rolls or 2 loaves for when you’re feeding the whole family
Need to bake a big batch of gluten free bread? No problem at all, our white bread mix can be doubled up to create as much bread as you need. If, just like us, you like to stock cupboard essentials, you’ll be pleased to know this gluten-free bread mix is available to buy in a range of multipack sizes of 3 or 6 with a 10% discount automatically applied. That’s our little way of saying thanks for supporting our growing business. Order over £25 and we’ll also give you FREE UK delivery.
We put honesty and transparency at the front of everything we do, that’s why we’d just like to let you know that our lovely white bread mix comes in a kraft polyethylene bag which is not currently recyclable. We’re not happy about it and are on the lookout for a new way to package our mixes. However, for the moment, our current packaging is the best way to ensure that your white bread mix stays fabulous and fresh until you bake it. It’s a small compromise but it reduces food waste which has got to be good.
We just can’t stop our mix from winning awards!
We know our gluten free white bread is the best around, but you don’t have to take our word for it. Here’s a proud list of the awards this product has won:
- Finalist for the Nourish Awards 2019
- Shortlisted for Free From Awards 2019
- Great Taste Award 1 ★ in 2019 & 2018
- Shortlisted for Best Of Organic Market Awards 2019 & 2017
- Silver Award in Free From Awards 2018
By the way, have you tried our NEW 7-seed gluten free brown bread mix?
Suitable for Vegans – simple omit the egg for an extra 30ml of water for the same great taste.
- Add the bread mix to a large mixing bowl and add 250ml of tepid water (100ml boiling water, 150ml cold water)
- Add 1 egg (or an extra 30ml of water if you’re baking Vegan) and 1 dessert spoon of sunflower or olive oil
- Using an electric whisk, slowly combine, then increase the speed until the bread mixture is a smooth, thick batter
- Cover the bowl and leave to prove for 40 minutes, just like you would with a normal dough
- Preheat your fan oven to 180°C or 200°C for non-fan ovens (400°F / Gas 6)
- Once proved, gently stir the risen bread mixture (until it drops by a third)
- Spoon out into 6 equal rounds directly onto a baking sheet covered with baking parchment or transfer to a 2lb loaf tin
- Bake for 60 minutes (add an extra 5mins if you like your bread extra crusty)
- Remove and cool completely on a wire rack – this bit is very important as your bread needs time to form a crust.
- Enjoy & let us know what you think!
Typical values per 100g
Energy (kj) 1315
Energy (kCal) 255
Fat (g) 3.0
of which saturates 0.0
of which sugars (g) 0.0
Fibre (g) 1.0
Protein (g) 3.0
Salt (g) 1.8
Ingredients: potato flour, tapioca flour, quinoa flour, sugar, yeast*, fine sea salt*, xanthan gum*
*denotes permitted non-organic ingredients.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.