- Personalise our plain gluten free muffin mix with whatever combination of flavours you like (max 200g of wet and dry ingredients)
- Bake light and fluffy wheat free muffins at home in 4 simple steps
- Handmade in the UK from 100% organic ingredients
- Certified gluten-free by Coeliac UK
- Suitable for Vegans & Dairy Free diets (use dairy-free alternatives)
- Shortlisted for the Free From Awards 2019
- 10% discount applied on all multipacks
Plain Gluten Free Organic Muffin Mix
This is your chance to make all your gluten free muffin dreams come true
This versatile, plain muffin mix can be jazzed up any way you like. Think red raspberry and gooey white chocolate, bursting blueberry, sharp lemon and delicious poppyseed or peanut butter… the combinations are endless. The adaptable gluten free mix can take up to 100g of dry ingredients, like nuts and seeds, and 100g of wet ingredients, like fruit. If chocolate is your thing, why not try our chocolate chip gluten free mix instead?
Our plain gluten free muffins are best enjoyed as a lazy Sunday breakfast, with a hot cup of coffee, and a comfy spot, taking in the morning sun. Alternatively, you can eat them in the car, surrounded by shouting kids or whilst battling the usual morning traffic to work. The best way to enjoy our wheat free muffins is just as versatile as all the flavour possibilities.
We’ve made sure this mix tastes just as great when baking dairy-free or Vegan
The thing with these marvellously moist gluten free muffins is that they’re adaptable. Like a chameleon, just less colourful (unless you add food colouring!). To make your muffins dairy free, simply replace the milk and butter with a dairy free alternative like almond milk, cashew milk, soya milk or rice milk, and any dairy-free spread. To bake them suitable for Vegans, just leave out the egg too and add an extra splash of alternative milk. These muffins really are here to please whether you’re a Vegan, coeliac sufferer or just Phil from down the local pub.
Using a scientific mix of organic rice flour, gram flour, coconut flour, and tapioca flour, that’s taken us countless hours to get just right ensures our gluten free plain muffin mix works perfectly every time you want to whip up a batch of freshly baked muffins.
Make delicious gluten free muffins in 4 easy steps
Simply empty the contents of the bag into a mixing bowl, add the wet ingredients, mix together, and bake. They’re so easy we think you could leave your kids to make them! The hardest thing about baking muffins using our gluten free mix is having the patience to leave them to cool completely. This is really important, as gluten free flours strengthen as they cool. We know you’ll be tempted to have a hot muffin, but trust us, it’s worth the wait.
We know our wheat free muffins are the best around, but you don’t have to take our word for it. This mix is certified 100% organic by the Soil Association, registered with The Vegan Society and certified gluten-free by Coeliac UK, and completely free from preservatives too. We’re also very proud to let you know that this mix was shortlisted at the Free From Awards 2019.
Our easy to make plain muffins come in 1 standard size bag
Which makes 6 very large, light, and fluffy muffins (or 12 smaller cupcake sized ones). If this doesn’t satisfy your muffin fix, the mix is available in multipack options of 3 and 6 bags. If multiple muffins weren’t already a great idea, all multipacks come with a 10% discount that’s automatically applied – which is just a little thank you from us for choosing Grass Roots Bakery. You’ll also get FREE UK delivery when you spend over £25.
We just had to let you know that our delicious plain gluten free muffin mix comes in a kraft polyethylene bag. It’s currently not recyclable and we’re not happy about it. However, for the moment, it’s the best way to ensure that your muffin mix stays fabulous inside for up to 12 months.
Did you know, we also sell a wide range of award-winning gluten free bread mixes?
Suitable for Vegans & Dairy Free Diets – substitute the butter and milk for the same quantity of dairy free alternatives. When baking Vegan, swap the eggs for an extra 100ml of dairy-free milk.
- Preheat your fan oven to 180°C or 200°C for non-fan ovens
- Melt 50g of butter (or dairy free equivalent) and let cool slightly
- Empty the muffin mix into a large mixing bowl
- Measure 350ml of milk (or dairy free equivalent) in a separate jug and add 2 eggs. If you’re baking Vegan and not using egg, just add an extra 100ml of your milk alternative and whisk together with a fork
- Add any liquid flavouring, like vanilla essence or lemon juice, to the milk/egg blend
- Pour the milk/egg blend into the mixing bowl with the mix and stir gently with a wooden spoon until combined. It will look lumpy, but shouldn’t have any floury patches
- Add the cooled melted butter to the mix (or your dairy free equivalent)
- Now add the ingredients you wish to flavour your plain muffins. For raspberry and white chocolate, add 100g of fresh/frozen raspberries and 100g of white chocolate chunks. For lemon drizzle, add zest and juice of 1 large, unwaxed lemon. For blueberry muffins, add 100g of fresh/frozen blueberries.
- Stir carefully until there are no floury patches, but make sure you don’t over stir, otherwise the muffins will be tough.
- Share the mixture evenly between 6 large tulip muffin cases (or smaller ones if that’s all you have)
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes, or until an inserted cake skewer comes out clean
- Remove and leave to cool completely on a wire rack – this bit is very important!
- Enjoy & show us your creations on social media.
Typical values per 100g
Energy (kj) 1537.26
Energy (kCal) 367.10
Fat (g) 2.34
of which saturates 1.17
of which sugars (g) 26.14
Fibre (g) 6.26
Protein (g) 5.65
Salt (g) 0.01
Ingredients: organic rice flour, organic sugar, organic gram flour, organic coconut flour, organic tapioca flour, organic baking powder, xanthan gum*
*approved non-organic ingredient.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.