- AWARD-WINNING gluten free pizza base mix that tastes just as good as the real thing
- Personalise the base with your own pizza toppings (mix makes 6 x 6″ or 3 x 12″ bases)
- Handmade in the UK from 100% organic ingredients
- Completely gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, and preservative free
- Suitable for Vegans (simply use more water for the same great taste)
- Certified gluten-free by Coeliac UK
- 10% discount applied to multipack prices
Gluten Free Organic Pizza Base/Dough Mix
Out of stock
It’s time for a gluten free pizza that you can finally enjoy!
Pizza. It’s one of the many gifts from our Italian friends, alongside espresso, vespas, and fun hand gestures. But, if you’re gluten-free, we know the struggles of finding a tasty gluten free pizza base that you can add your own toppings to. Anyway, you can now breathe a sigh of relief because you’ve just found the pizza dough you’ve been searching for.
Our gluten free organic pizza base mix was born out of one coeliac’s need to feed her family pizza, and to make sure they weren’t missing out on this fine creation. Thanks to her kitchen wizardry, Grass Roots Bakery developed the perfect gluten-free pizza base that doesn’t compromise on taste and texture. Let’s not tell the Italians!
Whether you’re a marinara lover or a Margherita connoisseur or maybe someone who enjoys throwing as many ingredients on top as you can, it’s time to get back to eating pizza you can enjoy. Picture this. A freshly baked wheat free pizza base, topped with glorious tomato sauce, glistening mozzarella cheese and basil or a base piled high with mouth-watering pepperoni and juicy green olives… who knew gluten free pizza could be this delicious?
This pizza base mix is made with love in our AOECS certified bakery
But this gluten free pizza dough mix doesn’t just taste great: it’s made from 100% organic ingredients, and free of gluten, wheat, dairy, and preservatives. It’s been certified gluten-free by Coeliac UK and approved 100% organic by the Soil Association and even registered with The Vegan Society, so you know your buying a high-quality product that has been made in safe hands, just like all our other gluten-free mixes.
Using a sprinkling of science, and a blend of organic potato, tapioca, and quinoa flours, our pizza bases are just as good as the real thing. We want everyone to be able to enjoy real pizza, so we’ve made this mix work perfectly for Vegans too. Simply replace the egg with an extra 30ml of water to create a vegan pizza base with the same great taste (we promise).
It’s even easier to make than real pizza dough…
That’s because you don’t need to prove it! Just empty the contents of the bag into a mixing bowl, add the wet ingredients, spread out the mixture, and blind bake the bases on baking paper until they are malleable. Then you can add your perfect pizza toppings to create a delicious dinner. For an extra crispy base, we recommend that you limit the wet topping ingredients, like mozzarella and chargrilled veggies. This keeps your base crispy and dry when you pop it back into the oven.
If you’re organised in the kitchen and want to whip up pizzas in no time, you can bake your gluten pizza bases ahead of time as they freeze really well. Then, when you need a pizza in a hurry, pop them in the oven with toppings for a super quick dinner.
Our gluten free pizza dough mix comes as 1 standard size bag
Each bag of mix will make 6 x 6” pizzas, or 3 x 12” pizzas. If it’s a pizza party you’re after or you just want to fill your cupboards, we offer multipacks of 3 and 6, which all come with a 10% discount automatically applied. All orders over £25 come with FREE UK delivery. You can’t argue with that.
Now for a word or two about our packaging. Currently our tasty gluten free pizza base mix comes in a kraft polyethylene bag which is not recyclable. We’re not happy about this but at the moment, it’s the best way to ensure that your pizza base ingredients stay delicious in the packet for up to 12 months.
Our gluten free pizza base mix means business
And, just in case you don’t believe us, here are the amazing awards our mix has won so far:
- Great Taste 1 ★ 2019 Award
- Great Taste 1 ★ 2018 Award
- Shortlisted at the Free From Awards 2019
Suitable for Vegans – simply omit the egg and add an extra 30ml of water.
- Preheat your fan oven to 180°C or 200°C for non-fan ovens
- Empty the pizza base mix into a large mixing bowl
- Add an egg (or 30ml of water if you’re making Vegan), a dessert spoonful of olive or sunflower oil, and 250ml of water
- Using an electric whisk, slowly combine the mixture and then increase the speed, until it becomes a batter
- With a spatula, spread the batter to a 6” or 12” base onto a baking sheet. Make sure you spread it nice and thin, about the depth of a 1p coin
- Blind bake the bases in the centre of the oven for 5 – 10 minutes. When the pizza bases are lightly golden and lift away from the baking sheet, it’s time for you to add your toppings!
- Add the toppings of your choice and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until the toppings are cooked through
- Enjoy & let us know what you think.
Fancy getting creative? Make your gluten free pizza bases into fun shapes – here’s some inspiration.
Typical values per 100g
Energy (kJ): 1418.3
Energy (kcal): 334.3
Protein (g): 2.3
Carbohydrate (g): 78.1
of which sugars (g): 5.7
Fat (g): 0.8
of which saturates (g): 0.1
Salt (g): 1.7
Ingredients: organic potato flour, organic tapioca flour, organic quinoa flour, organic sugar, yeast, salt, xanthan gum*
*approved non-organic ingredient.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.