- AWARD-WINNING gluten-free certified chocolate chip muffin mix
- Dairy-free & palm oil free FairTrade chocolate chips (cocoa mass 51.5%)
- Made with 100% organic ingredients (soya free & preservative free too!)
- Mix makes 6 very large muffins
- Suitable for Vegans (simply use dairy-free alternatives)
- Bake gluten-free muffins at home in just 4 simple steps
- 10% discount automatically applied on all multipack options
Chocolate Chip Gluten Free Organic Muffin Mix
These are no ordinary gluten free organic muffins…
They’re packed full of dairy free delicious chocolate chips. And seeing as chocolate chip muffins are one of the best things in life, we think everyone (even if you suffer from Coeliac Disease or a have wheat intolerance) should be able to enjoy them.
Here at Grass Roots Bakery, we only use the finest organic ingredients. That’s why our chocolate chips are FairTrade and of course, palm oil free! That means with every gluten free muffin mix you buy, you’re basically saving the orangutans (just in case you needed a better excuse to eat muffins). Vegans, fear not. We’ve made sure the chocolate chips are also dairy-free and that the mix tastes just as great with dairy alternatives, so even more people can enjoy our fluffy, moist wheat free muffins.
Our choc chip muffins make the perfect lunchtime snack, at school or at work
Personally, we think the best way to enjoy them is sat in front of a log fire, with a steaming mug of gluten free hot chocolate all cosy and warm (watch this space, we’ll be launching our hot chocolate very soon). Alternatively, they’re excellent as an on-the-go breakfast to be enjoyed on the 7am train, squashed between fellow commuters or as a delicious ‘pick me up’ with your cuppa tea in the afternoon.
Made from a clever combination of organic rice flour, gram flour, coconut flour, and tapioca flour, our chocolate chip muffin mix is completely gluten free, dairy free, soya free and preservative free. They are also certified 100% organic by the Soil Association and approved gluten-free by Coeliac UK, so you know you’re buying a high-quality product that has been handmade in a safe environment, by a family business that cares.
We think our muffins are seriously good!
So good in fact, that this mix won the Great Taste Award 2 ★★ in 2019, and a silver medal at the Free From Awards in 2019 – which made us really proud!
Our easy to make gluten free chocolate chip muffins come in 1 standard size bag (360g), which makes 6 lovely large muffins (or 12 smaller cupcake sized ones). Serious chocolate lover? Try adding extra cocoa or perhaps a few drops of chocolate essence to the mix to create double choc chip muffins. If you’re baking for the whole family or maybe for a gluten-free cake sale, this mix is available in multipack options of 3 and 6 bags, which if you need persuading, come with a 10% discount automatically applied. We’ll also throw in FREE UK delivery if you order over £25.
There are just 4 simple steps to make our gluten free organic choc chip muffins
Simply empty the contents of the bag into a mixing bowl, add the wet ingredients, mix together, portion into muffin cases and bake. They’re so easy, you could make them blindfolded (although you’d probably make a mess), so we recommend baking up a batch with the kids taking charge. The hardest thing is leaving them to cool completely when they come out of the oven. This is really important, as gluten free flours strengthen as they cool. We know you’ll be tempted, but trust us, they’ll be worth the wait.
Our muffins don’t compromise on taste and texture, no matter how you bake them
For us, a chocolate chip muffin is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. That’s why we’ve made the mix suitable for Vegans (and we promise the same great taste). Simply replace the milk and butter with a dairy free alternative like almond milk, cashew milk, soya milk or rice milk, and any dairy-free spread.
At the moment, our lovely gluten free chocolate chip muffin mix comes in a kraft polyethylene bag. It’s not recyclable and we’re not happy about it. But, we’re on the lookout for a new way to package our mixes. However, for the moment, it’s the best way to ensure that your muffin mix stays fresh, just like the day it leaves our gluten-free certified bakery.
Want something more fancy in your muffins? You should try our plain gluten free muffin mix.
Suitable for Vegans & Dairy Free Diets – substitute the butter and milk for the same quantity of dairy-free alternatives (such as coconut oil, dairy-free spread and almond/rice milk). Swap the 2 eggs for an extra 100ml of dairy free milk.
- Preheat your fan oven to 180°C (200°C for non-fan ovens)
- Melt 50g of butter (or dairy free equivalent like coconut oil or dairy free margarine) and leave to cool slightly
- Empty the muffin mix into a large mixing bowl
- Measure 350ml of milk (or alternatives such as cashew/almond/rice/soya milk) into a separate jug and add 2 eggs (or an extra 100ml of dairy free milk if baking Vegan) to the milk, and whisk together with a fork
- Add any extra liquid flavouring to the jug (such as a few drops of chocolate essence)
- Pour this jug into the mixing bowl with your muffin mixture and stir gently with a wooden spoon until combined. It will look lumpy, but should not have any floury patches. If you want to add any extra cocoa, add it into the mixture at this point.
- Add the slightly cooled melted butter (or dairy free equivalent)
- Stir carefully until you are sure there are no floury patches, and divide the mixture between 6 large tulip muffin cases until they are quite full (or a few more smaller cases if that’s all you have!)
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until an inserted cake skewer comes out clean
- Remove and cool completely on a wire rack before eating
- Enjoy your muffins & let us know what you think.
Here is a ‘how-to’ video guide to making our gluten-free chocolate chip muffins (non-Vegan) with added vanilla essence.
Typical values per 100g
Energy (kj) 1742.4
Energy (kCal) 416.4
Fat (g) 6.8
of which saturates 3.9
of which sugars (g) 30.8
Fibre (g) 6.8
Protein (g) 6.1
Salt (g) 0.6
Ingredients: organic rice flour, organic sugar, organic FairTrade chocolate chips (cocoa mass 51.5%, cane sugar 41%, cocoa butter 7%, sunflower lecithin <1%), organic gram flour, organic coconut flour, organic tapioca flour, organic baking powder, xanthan gum*
*approved non-organic ingredient
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.